There are a lot of activities open for tourists and locals alike in Albay.
Honestly, I haven’t tried some of the things listed here but I promise to try it when I go back to my hometown this May. :)
Those in asterisks are the things that I haven’t tried. But I will update it as soon as I set my foot in my lovely hometown
THINGS YOU CAN DO IN ALBAY
- Sightseeing — savor the captivating beauty of Mayon Volcano
- Swimming — swim in the black sand beaches in Bacacay, Albay, the black colored sand came from the beautiful Mayon herself or you can go to the nearby Cagraray Island which has a stretch of white sand beach and where the infamous luxury resort Misibis Bay is located.
- ATV-riding — ride the ATV and go around the foot of Mayon *
- Hiking — hike the treacherously steep slope of Mt. Mayon * or the Lignon Hill
- Spelunking — explore the long and winding caves of Camalig, Albay
- Church-hopping — there’s a lot of centuries old church in Albay that you might want to explore and visit especially if you are an architecture buff :)
- Bar-hopping — The bar scene in Albay, especially in Legazpi City, doesn’t lack character. Moreover, there are a lot of bars that offers cheap prices that will definitely make you wanting for more!
- Zip-lining — you can zipline in Lignon Hill while you enjoy the beautiful view of Mayon Volcano as a backdrop *.
- Rappelling — you can do this in Embarcadero, a newly opened mall and lighthouse in the foot of a mountain which was called as sleeping lion :) *
- Eat Bicol Express or Pinangat — this is Bicol’s specialty so don’t miss this when you go to Albay! (I’ll make a post about this, so tune in! :) )
THINGS YOU SHOULDN’T MISS:
- Eat Pinangat or Bicol Express
- Buy Pili nuts for souvenirs (Albay is well-known for growing yummy pilinuts!), you can buy these in Satellite terminal
- Go to Cagsawa Ruins
- Try the pinangat-carbonara in Small Talk Cafe (I’ll make another post for this, so tune in! I’m just waiting for my brother to upload the photos.
In the video below, you will see a sneak peek of what Albay can offer you. This is a teaser from the Philippines well-known TV show: Sports Unlimited. (No Copyright Infringement Intended; Invoking Fair Use policy)