I traveled to this place last September 2011. It is located in Camarines Sur, south of Manila. It is touted to be as the next Boracay.
If you’ve been to Boracay with its fine white sandy beach then this place also has its own fair share of beaches. And also… the beaches here is also fine, white, and sandy…. less the crowd and all-night partying in Boracay. This place is yet to develop… and the Camarines Sur government promised that this nature’s wonder will not be abused and that they will preserve the place.
Moreover, what makes this place unique is that it also has amazing limestone formations which rivals that of Palawan. So, coming here is like going to Boracay and Palawan at the same time.
The place is not that popular before, until one Survivor TV Show made this place as the setting of their series…
Now, Caramoan is slowly becoming a tourist spot in the country…
How to get here?
- You have two choices either ride the plane (45 minutes) or ride the bus (8-11 hours)
- Plane going to Naga, Camarines Sur costs aroung (P3,000 round trip ticket or $70USD
- Bus going to Naga (P500-900.00 one way, $11-21USD for one way trip)
2. Then go to Sabang Port (45 minutes to 1 hour travel)
- Ride the van or jeep going to Sabang Port (P120.00 or $3USD). The van terminal is in front of SM City Naga
3. Then Ride the Ferry going to Caramoan (Guijalo Port)
- The ride will take 2 hours
- The ferry fee (this is a big outrigger boat) is (P120.00 or $3USD)
- The first ferry leaves Sabang Port by 5:30 am and the last ferry leaves by 11:30 am. They have travel schedule every hour during that time frame.
- Ride a bus or shuttle bus in Satellite Terminal going to Naga (150.00 or $3.5USD). The travel time will be 2 hours
- Then alight to the Naga Terminal and then ride a jeep or van going to Sabang Port (P120 or $3USD)
- Ride the Ferry